User Experience Design
I help define business objectives and user goals. I then design and iterate at various levels of fidelity. I deliver functional, interaction, visual, and content specifications to developers and work with them to evaluate and ensure success along the way.
- InCrowd – Global Surveys
- Buildium – Collecting Management Fees
- (add)ventures – FM Global Reason Online
I employ various methods such as contextual interviews, card sorting, tree testing, usability testing, and focus groups to form a baseline understanding of users and inform specific initiatives with user knowledge. I identify opportunities to improve user adoption and engagement and reduce risk in product decisions by evaluating hypotheses early.
- Blue Button 2.0 API – Journey Maps to Inform Analytics
- Quality Payment Program (QPP) – Resource Library
- Veterans Affairs – Disability Claims
I evaluate market opportunities and create roadmaps, informed by rapid experimentation. I facilitate the development of outcome-based strategic objectives, and I help align various teams to build and support products. I was officially a product manager for one year. I find my work has overlapped more and more with product management as I’ve progressed.
I find common ground and help multiple organizations or departments align on a shared vision. I enjoy mentoring and coaching. I bring a healthy dose of listening and empathy to this work.
- Ad Hoc (see resume) – Indirectly manage 6 people across 4 teams. Develop user research capabilities within my department.
- Vanguard Historical Society – Lead a team of 15-20 volunteers to produce a series of documentary videos and a website recounting the history of Vanguard Music and Performing Arts.
- Recycle-a-Bike – Led transformation of a community organization from an informal project into an independent 501c3 non- profit.
- Better World by Design Conference – One of four cofounders of a national scale conference on humanitarian and environmental design.